One day, Kevin Malone, Phil Crouse and I were up to no good in the kitchen; causing problems, making a mess, and raising a general ruckus. In our seemingly infinite wisdom, we had been taking on dishes of increasing complexity and decided on a gazpacho (sp?) to accompany something-or-other and blanched when confronted with the simple instruction "peel and seed the tomatoes.". Were they serious?
So, after several phone calls and google searches, we rang up Sarah Malone, Kev-O's mom, who informed us of the following...
Set a pot to boil and prepare an ice bath. Drop a tomato in the boiling water for 15-20 seconds, then transfer to the ice bath for 10. The skin should come off better than a Bazooka wrapper.
Thanks, Mrs. Malone.
Anybody know a better way? This is the only one I know, and I haven't the foggiest idea how to get rid of the seeds. So, if any of you can help me out, please leave a comment or post an entry.
-Mark
Jujuy, Argentina
2 comments:
That's how my mom always does it! No good trick for the seeds that I remember...
God I love gazpacho.
This technique also works for stone fruit if you're making a pie or somesuch.
Post a Comment